JOB TITLE: Appointment Scheduler
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for scheduling patient appointments and customer service.
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Patient Access
- Check-in of patients prior to physician visit.
- Enters patient information into EMR software and places patient in waiting room in EMR Software.
- Collects patient co-pay.
- Verification of pre-certs and referrals.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying clinical staff of patient’s arrival.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Assists with patient check-out.
- Frequent communication with secretaries regarding patients.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Conducts self in accordance with UCA’s policies, as defined in the UCA employee manual.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school graduation or GED
Pleasant and professional personality, typing, PC and EMR Experience, medical terminology, knowledge of various 3rd party payers, ability to organize, ability to work independently, ability to work in a busy office with many distractions and maintain efficiency. Prior medical office scheduling and/or call center experience desired.
ENVIRONMENTAL / WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent personal communication and telephone contact with patients and coworkers. Work may be stressful at times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Work requires hand dexterity for telephone and office machine operation and sitting for extended periods of time. May require lifting of objects more than 25 pounds. Ability to stand, walk, reach above head, squat, bend at the waist, and twist.