Certified Medical Assistant/LPN
JOB TITLE: Certified Medical Assistant /LPN
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: High School Diploma, Medical Assistant Certification, Licensed by the State Department of Health, BCLS Certification
SUPERVISED BY: Clinical Director
SKILLS REQUIRED: Administering PO, IM, subcutaneous and intravesical medications, obtaining vital signs, height and weight, performing basic wound care, taking medical histories, entering data into EMR
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assists in positioning and delivery of treatment to patients.
- Prepares room and equipment for patient by gathering all necessary equipment, supplies, and setup devices.
- Train and become proficient in using Greenway EMR, other PC’s and equipment
- Obtain accurate and up-to-date patient’s health history, medications and allergies
- Administer medications and bladder treatments as ordered by physician
- Perform bladder scans, flow rates, and urinalysis as ordered by physician
- Assist physician with exams, treatments and procedures as needed
- Obtain clean-catch midstream and catheter urine specimens
- Respond to patient phone calls and portal messages
- E-scribe medications to patient pharmacy
- Complete nursing documentation in electronic medical record
- Complete orders, tasks and messages routed by physician
- Clean, disinfect and sterilize instruments
- Assist with prior authorizations as needed
- Notify clinical director of equipment needing repair or supply shortages
- Escort patient to exam room, assist patient with undressing and dressing as needed, and on to and off of exam table as needed
- Cover vacancies/vacations for nursing team members at satellite offices as needed
- Assist with team duties such as ordering and storing supplies, maintenance rounds, stocking suites, and other duties as assigned
- Must have reliable transportation to move between offices
- Other duties as assigned.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a medical office setting. Frequent personal communication and telephone contact with patients. May be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: May require assisting with patients in exam rooms to dress or undress as well as to get on or off of exam tables which results in lifting more than 100 pounds. Requires prolonged walking, standing, and sitting. Repetitive bending and twisting at the waist. May require squatting or kneeling as well as reaching above shoulder height. May required pushing or pulling to assist patients.