SUPERVISED BY: Director of Clinical Services
Directly responsible for all duties pertaining to the functioning of Ultrasound department. The duties listed below are not all inclusive and you may be asked to perform other duties not specifically listed.
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Registry Eligible may be considered with the provision that all Registry exams must be passed within a specified time period
Administers all functions related to the Ultrasound Department and performs ultrasound studies.
In addition, shall perform the following:
* Performs all ultrasounds on patients at the order of the physician or the research department. This will include Renal, Scrotal, Abdominal, Pelvic, Penile Doppler, Prostate Volume studies and other studies as requested
* Directly assists Physician with Prostate Ultrasounds, Prostate Biopsies and Placement of Fiducials for Radiation Therapy
* Records all required information in electronic medical record using templates as needed.
* Supervises the nurse or designated person that assists the physician to perform Prostate studies and Prostate biopsies
* Orders all ultrasound related supplies
* Assists in the development of patient handouts related to ultrasound studies
* Maintains an awareness of factors that influence Ultrasound studies and stays current on latest Ultrasound technology and techniques.
* Maintains records and files on ultrasound studies
* Has & maintains skills for proper equipment use, preventive Maintenance and troubleshooting. Reports and coordinates needed repairs of ultrasound equipment
* Sets up, cleans and restocks ultrasound rooms
* Performs X-Ray studies if needed and schedule permits
* If the above duties are complete, serves as a backup nurse
* Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Clinical Services