Update: Important Information for UCA and the UCA Women’s Center Patients
During this unprecedented time, we are grateful for your patience and understanding as all of us have navigated through the past few weeks together. Our dedicated team of providers and team members have worked hard to continue to deliver the best care possible for all of our patients.
MONDAY, MAY 4TH – FRIDAY, MAY 15TH
Based on the Safer at Home guidelines that go into effect May 1, we will use the first two weeks of May to begin a transition of our practice based on these guidelines.
- In-Office Appointments- We anticipate increasing face-to-face patient appointments within our clinics. We will begin Monday – Friday operations at the following offices: Homewood, Trussville, Alabaster, Princeton, Medical Center West, St. Vincent’s Birmingham, Grandview and the UCA Women’s Center. We will continue to practice social distancing in the lobby and waiting areas. Please understand that providers will have a limited number of in-office visits and appointments may be based on medical priority. Some in office procedures, treatments, and diagnostics will continue to be delayed. Our one day a week satellite operations will remain closed until further notice.
- Telemedicine- We will continue to utilize Telemedicine (phone) and Virtual Visit (video telemedicine service) appointments for both current and new patients. The patient feedback we have received thus far has been very positive, so we anticipate continuing to offer telehealth services for the foreseeable future.
- Surgeries – UCA continues to work with the various hospital systems and anticipates being able to perform an increased number of surgeries in May. Our surgery scheduling department is working with the physicians to get these cases prioritized and scheduled.
- Biopsies – UCA will start to offer biopsies for patients. We ask that you work with our physicians and staff as we start to schedule these procedures. NOTE: You may be scheduled with another UCA physician for your biopsy, but you will have a follow up with your regular UCA physician.
- ED Clinic – The erectile dysfunction clinic will be opening on May 4th, with limited staffing.
- Lab Services – These will continue to be available by Appointment Only. Due to safety issues, we cannot accommodate walk-in patients. Please call our office at 205-930-0920 for an appointment.
- Dispensary – The UCA Dispensary is still open and available to our patients. For your safety, we are currently offering FREE in-state shipping on medications. Call today for refills 205-445-0183.
You can reach our office Monday through Friday at (205) 930-0920, or via our website.
What can you continue to expect at Urology Centers of Alabama and the UCA Women’s Center:
- Screenings – Upon arrival for your appointment, we will continue assessing each patient for possible exposure or infection using our COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire, and taking temperature checks. This will be for patients and caretakers. https://www.urologycentersalabama.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Check-In-Questionnaire.pdf
- Minimizing Contact – We are continuing to minimize patient contact with our support staff by modifying our kiosk check-in process, establishing separate entrance and exit doors, limiting waiting room capacity and asking patients to wait in the car if appropriate.
- We ask that you and your caregiver please wear a mask when you come to our clinics.
- Unfortunately, with the shortage of masks and other personal protective equipment, we will not be able to supply masks for patients.
- Clean Facilities – UCA staff will continue to regularly clean and disinfect surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the clinic environment.
Thank you for your continued support and understand during this time. We hope next week will begin our upward trajectory towards getting back to normal operations and the backlog of patients who need our care.
The health & safety of our patients and staff has been and will continue to be our primary goal!