What to expect as we begin to see patients in the office.
We are thrilled to announce that beginning Monday, May 4th we will begin to see patients in the office! While we are thankful for the ability to provide services via telemedicine, the entire UCA Family looks forward to seeing patients in person again!
Important to note, we are still not in a “business as usual mode”, therefore, we ask for your patience as we transition into Phase 1 of Alabama businesses “reopening”.
We are committed to following the safety guidelines provided by CDC and local health regulations and will continue to uphold social distancing guidelines to ensure the health of both our patients and our team members. We always strive to keep our facility in the cleanest condition possible, but additional sanitation measures will be taken between each patient visit.
What you can expect from Urology Centers of Alabama during this first phase:
- We will limit the number of clinicians seeing patients per day to allow for better social distancing.
- We will continue to promote telemedicine appointments as appropriate to allow more availability for in-office appointments for conditions that cannot be handled via telehealth.
- Patients are required to wear facial covering or a mask (cloth or surgical) in our building or they will not be allowed to enter. (If you don’t have access to a mask at home, there are instructions on making one on the CDC website.) Masks are to remain on the entire time you are in the office unless our staff specifically asks you to temporarily remove your mask. Unfortunately, due to the shortage of masks and other personal protective equipment, we are unable to supply masks for patients.
- In keeping with social distancing, our waiting area will be open to patients only. You will not be allowed to have any extra people with you in the building (unless an elderly patient needs a caregiver, or a pediatric patient is with a parent). Spouses, children and siblings will not be allowed in the building. Should the waiting room area approach capacity, patients will be asked to wait in their vehicle until their appointment time.
- Upon arrival to your appointment:
- Each patient and/or caregiver will be screened using our COVID symptoms screening questions and have his/her temperature taken.
- Please use our kiosks to complete your on-site check in. Remember you will need to bring identification card and copy of your insurance cards and payment. Credit/Debit card is preferred and is contactless through the Kiosk.
- If your location does not have a kiosk, please see front desk staff for check-in instructions.
Wait times between visit points (i.e., arrival, time with clinician and check-out will be a little longer due to the extra steps we are taking to ensure social distancing and sanitation measures are adhered to as maintaining your health and the health of our team is our highest priority. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. Please plan accordingly.
We are looking forward to re-opening and serving our patients in the safest way possible. It has been quite an adventure! We are not out of the woods yet, but we are one step closer!