UCA Introduces Direct Mobile Payment for Patients
Urology Centers of Alabama patients can now choose to pay their balances directly from their mobile phones without logging into our portal, downloading an app, mailing a check or making a phone call.
As Alabama’s leading urology center, UCA explores new technologies, therapies and concepts as part of our commitment to providing the highest level of patient care, education and biomedical research to our community and beyond.
Our most recent advancement serves our patient’s billing experience with a modernized and convenient SMS text message solution for safe and secure payments.
“We know that our patients enjoy the use of mobile technology for a convenient consumer experience in other aspects of their lives. Our new direct mobile payment option improves the patient experience by meeting their consumer expectations with modern technology for a simplified payment process” said Dr. Taylor Bragg, President. “Our patients have taken to the new offering quickly, choosing to pay via text more often than with a mailed paper statement or patient portal visit.”
To our patients, here is how it works;
- A few days after your visit to a UCA provider you will receive a payment notification on your mobile device for your responsibility after your insurance has paid.
- The text message includes a individual patient account link, which is clicked to open your text statement.
- All the details of your payment history and visit are available for review within the message.
- You will be asked to enter your credit card number the first time you use the solution. UCA does not store your credit card information and cannot charge a payment to your credit card.
- A one-touch option provides the ability to pay your complete balance, while partial payment options are also presented.
- Once your payment is made you will be sent a receipt and our records reconciled immediately to reflect your payment and balance.